There is an exciting opportunity for a Communications specialists with our Client Walsall Council
Job Title: Consultation and Communications Officer Service Area: Assurance Team
Section: Information, Communications & Technologies
Location: Council Offices Salary: £13.07 – £15.35 per hour Car Allowance: Casual
Together with excellent communications delivery skills, the post-holder will have a wide range of knowledge and awareness of the Council, to deliver an effective corporate consultation and communications service. The post-holder will be responsible for the developing elements of Corporate Communications Strategies, consultation protocols and the consultation processes and procedures. There is also responsibility for advising and guiding service areas on the development of their communications strategies, plans, messages and channel selection.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Collaboration with senior management team and heads of service develop the council’s long-term media and communications strategies and implement them ensuring that key messages support the authority’s aims within the Corporate Plan. – Lead on the design and delivery of consultation activity to support decision making at all levels of the organisation and aligns with the authority’s aims as defined in the Corporate Plan. – Support the effective delivery of communication services on behalf of the council. Working independently and with minimum supervision this will include liaising with and responding to all types of external media enquiries (newspapers, television, radio), developing press releases and information for internal and external publications, supporting communication planning and the publishing of information via the council’s own media channels and local and national media. – Discussing, scoping and agreeing project requirements with lead officers in relation to consultation activity and to assist the development of their consultation and communication plans, campaigns, messages and channel selection. – Monitor external media coverage and take appropriate strategic actions through consultation with services, managers and senior leadership as required. – To communicate with external media representatives on council coverage and establish photographic and visual opportunities through effective networking. – To play an active role in our internal communications and ensure significant events are communicated internally through a variety of channels including Inside Walsall, email and other channels as deemed appropriate.
You will have experience:
– Developing effective communications messages using the most appropriate communications media
– Measuring the effectiveness of the consultation and communication that is being delivered
– Collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data
– Taking appropriate communication action to reduce reputational risk
– Delivery of communications and engagement activities that would support both statutory and service level consultations.